- Air & Ocean
- Customs Brokerage
- Transportation Management
- Warehousing & Fulfillment
Last updated and effective as of November 10, 2008.
The Information We Collect
There are two kinds of information websites can obtain about you:
(1) Anonymous Information: “Anonymous Information” is aggregate data that websites use to administer their sites. This Anonymous Information comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, and may include such information as your browser type or your Internet Protocol (IP) address. OHL may from time to time retain third parties to help us collect and aggregate Site customer information.
IP Addresses. An IP address is unique string of numbers that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, avoid hacking attacks on the Site’s server, and may use it to gather broad demographic information. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information, even if such information is voluntarily provided by a user.
(2) Personally Identifiable Information: “Personally Identifiable Information” is any information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or your telephone number. Sometimes this personal information is needed when you submit a resume or when you contact us. We may ask you to provide us with personal information on a voluntary basis in certain areas of our Site. In particular, you may be asked to provide the following information:
Email Correspondence. Scattered throughout the Site are links or forms that can be used to contact OHL so you can comment, make a complaint, make suggestions and ask questions. Your email address is required on this form so we can answer your questions. OHL may put information from email on file, but does not currently share, sell, license or transmit this information with third parties without express authorization from you.
Newsletters, Brochures, Case Studies, Quotes and Other Communications. We may offer visitors to this Site the opportunity to sign up to receive newsletters, brochures, case studies, quotes or email communications from this Site. In order to sign up for these communications, we ask for contact information, such as name and email address. We also may offer the opportunity for you to receive mailings from our partners that we think may be of interest to you.
How We Use Gathered Information
The information you share with us may be used in a few ways:
(1) Anonymous Information: Anonymous Information is used internally for Site administration, troubleshooting and to help improve the quality of this Site and its design. We may share such aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics, with existing and prospective business partners and advertisers. We never connect aggregate information with Personally Identifiable Information, and none of the Anonymous Information we share will contain any information that identifies you individually.
(2) Personally Identifiable Information: Personally Identifiable Information collected by OHL may be used for purposes including administration of the Site, order processing, management of promotions or contests, and communications with you. In all cases, however, we will only use your information as permitted by law. We may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process; (b) protect and defend our rights and property; (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site; or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public. Please note that we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
We support the right of our visitors to choose. You will be given the right to opt-out of receiving any promotional materials about OHL whenever you are asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information on this Site. If you do not opt-out at that time, but later decide that you do not wish to receive future communications of this nature you can contact us at email@example.com or at the address provided below, indicating that you no longer want to receive information relating to this Site.
Access and Correction
You have a right to know about the Personally Identifiable Information that OHL holds about you and gathered through this Site, including the right to correct, amend or delete the information that OHL has on file if it is incorrect. If you wish to exercise these rights please contact us by email or postal mail at the addresses below.
Security of information communicated by or to us over the Internet is of utmost concern to us; however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. This Site incorporates safeguards to protect the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information we have collected. We have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse and alteration. While on a secure page, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just “surfing”. Please note that your email, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use email to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. While we strive to protect your personal information, OHL cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through this Site. Once we receive your transmission, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our internal systems. Depending on the nature of the inquiry, your communication may be discarded or archived. If you wish, you may contact us instead via telephone at the numbers provided throughout our Site.
Disclosure of Information through Business Transfers
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, and in so doing, acquire customer information. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. Similarly, in the event that a portion or substantially all of OHL’s assets are sold or transferred to a third party, customer information (including Personally Identifiable Information) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. The Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) defines a “Child” as anyone under the age of 13. OHL strictly adheres to COPPA. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information obtained through our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Consent and Modifications to Privacy Statement
This Site is controlled, operated and administered entirely within the United States. By using this Site, you signify your agreement to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not disclose any personal information through this Site. This Policy and the use of this Site are governed by Tennessee law. Any claim related to the Site or this Policy shall be brought in a federal or state court in Nashville, Tennessee, within one year after the claim arises. Users of the Site consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts as the most convenient and appropriate for the resolution of disputes concerning this Policy. This Policy and the notices outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any third party.
Special Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent.
OHL may modify this Policy at any time, at its discretion, and modifications are effective upon being posted on this Site. You are responsible for reviewing this Policy periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes to it.
Account Revisions, Revoking and Deleting Personal Information
We welcome your questions, comments and all feedback pertaining to your privacy or any other issue with regard to this Site.
At any time, you may ask us to cease further use of your email address to send you correspondence, and direct us to delete any Personally Identifiable Information you have supplied. Although it is not always possible to remove or modify such information, we will make reasonable efforts to do so. If you have given us information for one of those third parties we mentioned above and we have already passed it on, we may not be able to delete or change the information.
In the event that you have given us Personally Identifiable Information in the past and then have second thoughts or want to update it, or if you have any other questions regarding this Policy or this Site, you may contact us at:
7101 Executive Center Dr.
Brentwood, TN 37027
Toll Free: 877-401-6400
Outside the U.S.: +1 615-401-6400